B.Tech in Chemical Engineering is an entry-level engineering degree that explores the laws and principles of physics, chemistry, math, biology, and economics to understand the mechanism of transforming chemicals or unprocessed materials into more useful or valuable forms. They are employed in a wide range of sectors, including petrochemicals, food processing, nanotechnology, and biomedicine. It primarily entails creating and designing procedures to produce new items or to enhance ones that already exist."
Free Career Counseling
Browse best universities in distance education & Compare them
Combine your distance university syllabus with skill-based courses
Easy to understand, high-quality education taught by Industry experts
Chemical engineers strive to improve the quality of our lives. A greater grasp of the development and operations carried out in the chemical industries, as well as the processing equipment needed in the industry, is developed during the four-year B.Tech in Chemical Engineering curriculum.
Highlights for B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
Eligibility for Course
10+2 and candidates should clear the entrance test of college or university
Entrance Exam held every year followed by the counselling process,12th marks to judge the eligibility of a candidate (Applicable in some colleges)
Rs. 8 LPA
Aditya Birla Chemicals
Product Development Manager
Quality Assurance Manage
Criteria for Chemical Engineering B.Tech. Admission
- Candidates must have received a passing grade in Science in their Class 12 or a comparable subject from a recognised board.
- Candidates must receive 50% of the possible points in their overall percentage.
- Reserved categories like SC and ST have a 5% relaxation
- A student's choice of an additional subject should be included in the qualifying examination along with math, physics, and chemistry.
- For candidates to be eligible for the B.Tech. in chemical engineering, they must possess the qualifications listed above.
Top Colleges in India offering B.Tech degrees
Here, we have mentioned some of the top colleges that provide B.Tech degree.
- UPES Dehradun
- NIIT University
- Jain University Bangalore
- Rajalakshmi Engineering College
- MIT Manipal
- Saintgits College of Engineering, Kottayam
- KL University
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Ramapuram
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- IFHE Hyderabad
Admission to the B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
Depending on the university, there are several entry requirements for the B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering. On the basis of their performance on the entrance exam and their 10+2 results, several colleges admit students. The outcomes of the entrance exam are used to decide who gets into other universities. In this study, we looked into the B.Tech in Chemical Engineering admissions procedure, entrance exams, colleges, and curriculum.
Admissions Procedures for Chemical Engineering B.Tech.
There are several steps in the B.Tech in chemical engineering admissions procedure that must be finished before admission can be granted.
- This process begins with students taking an entrance exam on the basis of which the official exam conducting body JOSAA releases a merit list and a cut-off list.
- It is followed by seat assignment and counselling, both of which are managed by JOSAA. The JEE Main All India Rank (AIR) is used to allocate seats. For these exams, there is always an upper age limit, which changes annually.
Best Entrance Exams for Chemical Engineering B.Tech.
In India, one of the most sought-after professional tracks is a B.Tech in chemical engineering. Knowing how many entrance examinations there are for this course is crucial. Candidates must pass their individual entrance tests to get admitted to top B.Tech. chemical engineering institutes. Here are a few popular entrance tests:
AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Exam), formerly known as JEE Main, is held twice a year by NTA. The NTA decided in 2019 to hold the JEE Main twice a year, in January and April. A candidate is permitted to take the JEE Main twice annually for three consecutive years, for a total of six attempts over the course of the three years. One of India's most difficult tests is this one. It serves as an entry point for IITs and a prerequisite for taking the JEE Advanced exam. Few applicants are considered eligible to participate in JEE Advanced.
- MBA in HR Management A two-year MBA program in HR or human resource man...
- MBA in Finance Distance learning programs for an MBA in finance a...
- MBA in International Business Management Admission to the MBA International Business Manage...
- MBA in Marketing A popular option is a distance learning MBA in mar...
- MBA in Banking Management Admission to MBA Banking and Finance Distance Educ...
- MBA in Mass Communication Mass communication is the study of how to effectiv...
- MBA in Business Analytics and Intelligence Management Top MBA Business Analytics colleges like IIMB, IIM...