The three-year undergraduate Bachelor of Arts in Hindi programs, also referred to as BA Hindi, is offered in Hindi. This course covers topics like interpersonal communication, Hindi literary history, contemporary Hindi literature, etc. After BA English, it is one of the most popular undergraduate language courses."
Free Career Counseling
Browse best universities in distance education & Compare them
Combine your distance university syllabus with skill-based courses
Easy to understand, high-quality education taught by Industry experts
Basic qualification for this programs is completion of 10+2 from an accredited university or board. To be qualified for this course, applicants must have Hindi as a required subject in their 10+2 academic year. Although the minimum marks needed differ from college to college, the majority of reputable colleges require a minimum of 50% overall at the 10+2 level. The majority of colleges base admittance to this programs on students' 10+2 grade point averages. Even so, only a small number of institutions, including BHU, hold their own entrance exam to admit students to the programs.
The cost of a BA in Hindi ranges from INR 8,000 to INR 25,000 on average, while precise costs vary from college to college.This course is also offered by a number of reputable schools and universities in distance learning format. This course is offered online by reputable open universities like IGNOU, Nalanda Open University, etc. For a distance learning BA in Hindi, the average annual cost is INR 2,500.
This course will not only cover the fundamentals of the Hindi language, such as oral and written communication, literature, and writing, but it will also delve into more complex aspects of Hindi literature, such as contemporary and modern Hindi literature, various forms of Hindi poetry, and others.
Candidates who successfully complete this course may pursue careers in journalism, teaching, or Hindi-language digital content creation. Along with this, the applicants may also be given the chance to apply for jobs as a senior customer service representative, a Hindi news anchor, a voice actor, an accomplished Hindi writer, an editor of Hindi publications and magazines, etc.
Depending on the candidates' skills, the starting income after completing this course often ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,50,000.
A candidate can pursue an MA in Hindi if they wish to continue their education. Candidates can pursue higher education by getting a PhD after finishing an MA. Following completion of their MA, students can enrol in BEd courses if they want to pursue a career in teaching.
BA Hindi Course Highlights
Some of the most important points about BA Hindi Course are tabulated in the table below.
|Full form||Bachelor of Arts in Hindi|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Hindi as a compulsory subject|
|Admission Process||Merit based.|
|Average tuition fee||INR 8000 – INR 25,000|
|Average salary||INR 1,50,000 – INR 2,50,000|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Media houses, Schools and Colleges, IT sector companies, Newspapers and magazines, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Teachers, Hindi news anchor, voice artist, ace writer in Hindi, Hindi newspapers/magazines editor, etc.|
What Is It About in BA Hindi?
- You learn about the complete Hindi language in this course, including its history, evolution, grammar, and literature.
- There are 6 semesters in the course, with 2 semesters per year.
- Candidates who enrol in this course will acquire proper Hindi grammar, various forms and dialects of the language, as well as oral and written communication abilities in Hindi.
- In addition to this, the BA Hindi course delves deeply into the study of different Hindi literary works, including prose and poetry, as well as their development over time.
- The BA Hindi Syllabus varies depending on the colleges. Some colleges also offer instruction in translating Hindi into local tongues.
Why that particular programme for a BA in Hindi?
The future holds many opportunities for the Hindi language: Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in India, as we all know. These days, Hindi is the language of choice for many IT companies looking to launch their products in regional markets. Therefore, there is a need for Hindi graduates in these firms, and that need is anticipated to grow.
- Lower than Average Cutoffs: Comparatively to other undergraduate courses, this one has lower cutoffs. So, enrolling in this course is somewhat simpler.
- Several employment opportunities: Candidates who successfully complete this course will have a range of employment options. Some of them are educators, Hindi news anchors, voice actors, talented Hindi writers, editors of Hindi publications and magazines, etc.
- Less work in studying: There isn't much work in studying. You can manage both studies and employment quite easy, so if you want to work a part-time job as well, you may do so with ease.
BA Admissions Procedures
This course's admissions procedure is fairly straightforward. The majority of colleges admit students based on their merit. However, very few colleges hold entrance tests to admit students to the program.
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- 12th class original pass certificate/ provisional pass certificate
- Character certificate
Most of the colleges grant admission to this course on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination. Colleges like Miranda House, Hindu College, etc which comes under Delhi University generally follow the below discussed admission procedure:
- Step1: Log on to the official website of College/University and register yourself in order to get the login credentials i.e. user ID and password.
- Step2: Once you have logged into your Admission account, read all the instructions carefully before starting.
- Step3: Fill the different fields in the application form i.e. personal information, academic information, course preference, etc.
- Step4: Upload all the documents that are needed including proof for date of birth, photograph, class 10 & 12 mark sheets, character certificate, transfer/ migration certificate, passport size photograph and category certificate (if applicable).
- Step 5: The College/university will prepare a merit list of top candidates.
- Step 6: After shortlisting of candidates, the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling and document verification.
- Step 7: Candidates found eligible will be granted admission to the course.
BA Hindi Admission Requirements
- The pupil must earn a 10+2 diploma from an accredited board with Hindi as a required language.
- Students do not have to complete their 10+2 in the Arts stream solely. All streams of students are welcome.
- To be eligible for this programme, many reputed universities require at least a 50% overall score on the 10+2 exam.
- For admission to institutes affiliated with Delhi University, an overall minimum score of 45% is needed.
BA entrance exams in Hindi
The Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test (BHU UET) is a test for undergraduate admission to the college's programmes. In addition to computer-based testing, BHU UET also offers paper-based testing.
- JSAT- The JGU administers the JSAT as a preliminary exam for admission to undergraduate programmes. It is an online exam with just 120 multiple-choice questions. This exam lasts three hours in total. The MCQs cover Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning. There is no deducting points for incorrect answers; each correct response receives one mark.
- The National Testing Agency administers the JNUEE, or Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam. There are both subjective and objective question types in it (based on the program). The exam lasts for three hours.
|Exam Name||Application Period||Exam Date|
|CUET||April 06, 2022 – May 22, 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|NPAT||December 23, 2021 – June 20, 2022||April 1 to June 26, 2022|
|BHU UET||Second week of February, 2022 – Third week of March, 2022||Third week to fourth week of May, 2022|
|TISS BAT||August, 2022 – September, 2022||September, 2022|
|IPU CET||March 4, 2022 – May 31, 2022||1st week of May 2022|
|JNUEE||2nd week of May 2022 – 1st week of June 2022||June 18 – June 25, 2022|
What should I do to get ready for the BA Hindi entrance exams?
Subjects like Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Verbal Ability (VA), Logical Reasoning (LR), General Ability (GA), and Current Affairs are typically included in BA entrance exams (CA).
- The majority of these tests will be given in computer-based modality.
- The exam will have between 100 and 150 questions.
- The majority of these inquiries will be multiple-choice ones (MCQ).
- The exam will be administered for roughly two to three hours.
A student can use the advice provided below to do well on these exams:
- You'll need to always be ready for conceptual inquiries. You'll also need to find quick solutions to them.
- Concentrate on the more theoretical portions of the assignment because most students tend to forget many crucial theories the day of the exam.
- Study the NCERT textbooks in depth. Try to read the conceptual themes, equations, and derivations in NCERT and understand how to use them to resolve issues.
- Finally, you must achieve the minimum score required by the particular college.
- How can I enrol in the best colleges for BA in Hindi?
- If you wish to enrol in a highly regarded college, your 10+2 grade point average should be excellent.
- Despite the fact that the cutoff for this subject is lower than for other BA courses, the best colleges, such as Miranda House, Hindi College, etc., typically have cutoff scores in the 85–95% range.
- You must obtain at least more than 70% on the exam to be on the safe side for universities that only admit students who pass entrance exams. Depending on the level of competition, this might potentially rise.
- Keep up with the application deadlines by checking websites, newspapers, and periodicals.
- To improve your time management during admission tests, practise prior year's papers.
B.A. Hindi Syllabus
Various colleges may have varying requirements for some subjects.
However, the following table lists the common subjects covered during its six semesters:
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Communication skills||Reading literature|
|Critical reasoning, writing and presentation||Reading on Indian constitutions, secularism and sustainable environment.|
|Communications skills in other languages||Translation and communication in Hindi|
|Prose and one- act plays||Translation theory and practice|
|History of Hindi literature (Adikal and Madhyakal)||History of Hindi literature (Adhunik kal- Gadya)|
|Hindi literature in Kerala||Literature of Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam ( Hindi translation)|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Literature and contemporary issues||History and philosophy of science|
|Literature in other languages||Culture and civilization|
|General informatics and computer application in Hindi.||Drama and theatre in Hindi|
|Applied grammar||Perspectives of humanities and languages and methodology|
|History of Hindi literature (Adhunik kal- padya)||Correspondence and secretarial practice in Hindi|
|Comparative literature||Environmental studies|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Linguistics||Modern poetry in Hindi|
|Contemporary Hindi literature||History of Hindi language|
|Indian literary thoughts||Novel and short stories in Hindi|
|Poetry (Ancient and Medical); Prosody and Poetics||Western literary thoughts|
|Open course spoken Hindi/ business/ Interpretation||Elective course Journalism and Mass communication/ Folk literature/ Radio broadcasting|
|Project - literary translation||Project - literary translation|
Hindi Top Colleges for BA
Nearly all of India's leading colleges that offer arts programmes offer the standard course BA Hindi. According to the NIRF Ranking 2020, we have included the top 10 of these colleges in the table that follows below.
|College||Location||Average Annual Fees|
|Miranda House||Delhi||INR 14,160|
|Hindu College||Delhi||INR 17,310|
|St. Stephen’s College||Delhi||INR 37,285|
|Loyola College||Chennai||INR 14,292|
|Hans Raj College||Delhi||INR 18,200|
|Madras Christian College||Delhi||INR 18,719|
|Kirori Mal College||Delhi||INR 12,345|
|Indraprastha College for Women||Delhi||INR 32,100|
|Stella Maris College||Chennai||INR 2,400|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai||INR 94,800|
Distance Education in BA Hindi
This programme is offered via online learning by a few notable open universities in India. The following table contains details about these universities:
|University Name||Location||Duration||Average Course Fees|
|IGNOU||Delhi||3 years||INR 2,400|
|Nalanda Open University||Patna||3 years||INR 2,400|
|Venkateshwara Open University||Naharlagun||3 years||INR 6,500|
BA Hindi Career Options and Job Prospects
An applicant who has earned a BA in Hindi typically holds jobs such as Hindi News Anchor, Senior Customer Service Representative, Credit Manager, Journalist, and Web Content Writer.
The following table lists some of the most lucrative BA Hindi career profiles:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Teacher||A teacher is responsible for preparing lesson plans and educating students at all levels.||INR 3,00,298|
|Customer care executive||Serves customers by providing product and service information and resolving product and service problems.||INR 2,90,658|
|Journalist||Journalists write and assemble together news stories that will interest their audience.||INR 2,93,372|
|Hindi content writer||A content writer handles the ideation and creation of compelling contents.||INR 2,42,137|
|Reporter||Reporter is responsible for delivering updates and analysis on current events with the main goal to keep the public updated.||INR 3,08,756|
|Translator||Translators work with the business, legal, technical and scientific written materials.||INR 5,51,295|
- MBA in HR Management A two-year MBA program in HR or human resource man...
- MBA in Finance Distance learning programs for an MBA in finance a...
- MBA in International Business Management Admission to the MBA International Business Manage...
- MBA in Marketing A popular option is a distance learning MBA in mar...
- MBA in Banking Management Admission to MBA Banking and Finance Distance Educ...
- MBA in Mass Communication Mass communication is the study of how to effectiv...
- MBA in Business Analytics and Intelligence Management Top MBA Business Analytics colleges like IIMB, IIM...